- An Oreo or chocolate wafer cookie pie crust
- Peanut butter ice cream
- Dark cocoa chocolate fudge topping
To make the crust:
Combine 1 1/4 cups Oreo or dark wafer cookie crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter. Press into 9 inch pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes until set. Let cool on wire rack.
To make the ice cream:
1. In a food processor, combine 2 2/3 cups heavy cream (33% milk fat), 3/4 cup of smooth peanut butter (I used Kraft brand), 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and half a can of sweetened condensed milk. Blend together until smooth and incorporated.
2. Power chill the mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes! Careful not to freeze it!
3. Pour into ice cream maker and churn according to ice cream maker’s instructions. I found this churned for a much shorter time period than my usual ice creams - check on it after 15 minutes, mine took about 16 to get to a very ice creamy consistency!
4. Pour peanut butter ice cream into the cooled pie shell, spreading with an offset spatula to create an even layer! Place in freezer while you make the…
To make fudge sauce:
On stovetop in a small pot, combine 1/3 cup of dark or high quality cocoa powder with 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup of heavy cream, and 3 tablespoons of butter. Whisk gently to combine. Add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, whisk until smooth. Pour into bowl to cool. I power-chilled my fudge sauce in the freezer for 20 minutes!
Once fudge sauce is cooled, pour on top of peanut butter ice cream layer. Again, it’s important to cool the fudge sauce first, otherwise it will melt all up into your P&B ice cream layer.
Place back in freezer and chill for 1 hour uncovered until fudge sauce is set. Then wrap with plastic wrap and chill until completely set - 4 hours or overnight!